- Skeg oder integrated steering skeg
- 1 oval, 1 round rubber hatch cover
- transparent bulkheads
- 20mm fabric tape outer seam
- toggle, all-around rope, luggage net and bungee deck rigging
- three different material variants
- Ergo steering foot pedal or Ergo footrest on centre rail
- adjustable Comflex-seat with seat cushion
- backrest with Contour-cushion
- adjustable thigh braces
- day hatch in front of cockpit
- third bulkhead with hatch cover behind the seat
- compass Silvia 70 P integrated in front hatch cover
- flip-off steering system
- spraydeck / hatch cover: size X / Keyhole
- further extra equipment on request
Fast and refined, a very beautiful and responsive kayak to paddle
I've been paddling a VCS Skinner for about a year now, mostly in the Baltic of Eastern Sweden and think it's an amazing kayak design. On flat water the long waterline gives it tremendous speed, the Swede form shape means it turns well and is surprisingly responsive on edge for a boat without much rocker. On waves the finely tapering bow and stern soak up the lumpiness and it keeps it's speed whilst those around you are slamming and bouncing.
The foredeck is quote low but now I'm used to it I can power with my legs off the excellent footplate.
The cockpit is comfortable and I really like the extra long sweetie hatch, hat, gloves, first aid kit and of course sweeties.
I've not paddled the Skinner on big waves or surf, although I know someone who does. For me the Skinner works as a fantastic day boat or short tourer, especially in Scandinavian waters.