Expedition Plus LV
Expedition Plus HV
Fast, versatile, uncompromising. If you don't want to suffer a loss of speed, you want to pack luggage for a couple of weeks and rotate on the spot despite a length of 555cm, the Nordstern will be your fulfilment – and your challenge... but once that you get used to the low initial stability and you learn to appreciate the high final stability, the Nordstern will acompany you through thick and thin.
- integrated steering system
- 2 boat-deck-similar hatch covers lockable
- transparent bulkheads
- 20mm fabric tape outer seam
- toggle, all-around rope, luggage net and bungee deck rigging
- available as HV high volume or LV low volume
- three different material variants
- steering foot pedal on centre rail
- adjustable Comflex-seat with seat cushion
- backrest with Contour-cushion
- adjustable thigh braces
- day hatch in front of cockpit
- third bulkhead with hatch cover behind the seat
- compass Silvia 70 P integrated in front hatch cover
- spraydeck / hatch cover: size X / Keyhole
- further extra equipment on request
Best expedition/touring kayak I ever owned.
I was a professional sea kayaker from the mid 80s to mid 90s. First at Sea Trek in Sausalito CA and then my own school and tour company, Oczeano Kayak based in Germany and Sardegna. I personally owned and used around 20 different boats and the Nordstern Expedition was the best touring kayak I ever owned. It performed great in heavy seas and surf, and high winds. It carried heavy loads with ease and the "rudder" was unlike anything I ever used. It made towing other boats, often several at a time, and long crossings up to 70 miles in every sea and wind condition so much easier. I miss it still.